Providing simple solutions to complex problems since 2001
At Tsunami.ca (Tsunami Communications Inc.) we take your privacy as seriously as we take our own, and each of our staff members stands by the following policies.
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to safeguard and secure the information we collect. Although no system can achieve 100% security, our standards are at or above industry norms.
If you have any complaints or inquiries about this policy or about your Personal Information that we have collected you should contact our offices by phone, fax or e-mail so we can investigate and address your inquiry immediately. You can also send postal mail to Tsunami Communications Inc. at 126 – 5166 Halifax Street, Burnaby, BC, V5B 2N6, Canada.
The following policy is part of our firm commitment to protect any personal information (“Personal Information”) that you may provide to us through this Web Site or by any other means.
- We will not collect your Personal Information without the following:
- your knowledge and informed consent
- providing you with a clear explanation of what information is being collected and why we are collecting it
- We will not use or disclose your Personal Information unless you have given your permission, except for the following purposes:
- to assess, operate and improve this Web Site and the services provided through it;
- to keep you informed about our organization, our services or this Web Site;
- if we are required to disclose such Personal Information by any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
We will not sell, trade or rent your Personal Information to others unless you have given your permission. With your permission, we will only share your Personal Information with carefully chosen, reputable and trustworthy third parties. We will follow the relevant legal requirements and use all reasonable precautions to ensure that only responsible third parties see your Personal Information. However, we are not responsible for any breach of security or act or omission of third parties who receive the Personal Information.
Tsunami.ca maintains security measures intended to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information we collect. Our security systems include authenticated access to internal databases, audits of procedures, and regular reviews of overall Web security. Paper files will be secured with physical locks and computer data will be secured behind industry-recognized security safeguards such as firewalls.
Upon your request, we will provide access to any of your Personal Information that we have collected upon verification of your identity as well as providing a method for you to submit corrections or updates to your Personal Information.
2. Privacy for Electronic Mail Subscribers
We consider our customers’ mailboxes and the content of all messages to be private. Individual mailboxes may fall under the jurisdiction of a particular individual’s employer and therefore be additionally regulated by that employer’s corporate e-mail policies. Tsunami.ca recognizes and supports the employer’s right to all information sent via corporate e-mail.
- We do not monitor or disclose e-mail messages unless we believe we must do so:
- To enforce our e-mail Terms and Conditions,
- Because we are required to do so by law, or
- To defend Tsunami.ca in any legal action or to protect the property of Tsunami.ca. Additionally, our subscribers must agree to respect the privacy and confidentiality of others. Since privacy is, in part, a function of our customers’ passwords, we encourage them to change their passwords frequently and to not share them with anyone.
3. Privacy for Web Site Users
Our Web server automatically records a visitor’s IP address. We use the IP address to identify server problems and administer our Web Site, and to analyze click-stream data to better understand user behaviour. We use server log data to help administer, analyze and measure access to our information products and services.
If you have any complaints or inquiries about this policy or about your Personal Information that we have collected you should contact our offices by phone, fax or e-mail so we can investigate and address your inquiry immediately.
This document is provided for general information and educational purposes only and is not intended to replace professional advice and services or the maintenance of any systems. In no event will Tsunami Communications Inc. be held liable for any decision made or action taken in reliance upon the information provided through this web site or any published documents.